Energy Consultant, Business Writer and Practical Environmentalist
“The Practical Environmentalist and Word Merchant”
[Editor’s Note: Global warming, now branded as climate change to deal with inconvenient data, has become the cause célèbre for haughty utopians but it’s the same old crisis con.]
“Never let a crisis go to the waste,” said the former chief of staff to Barack Obama, the President determined to transform America into something in his own image. He might well have added “and if you have to create one to do it then, by all means, do so.” Such is the hype surrounding Global Warming 26.0, otherwise known as COP 26 Glasgow, as billionaires and plutocrats jetted into Scotland to tell the commoners to follow the advice of an annoying Greta not to jet anywhere or face the dire consequences that have been just around the corner for the last 40 years or so.
Those consequences have been detailed in many lists of the supposedly inevitable results down the road if we don’t obey our betters, reset everything and build back better with them in charge of our brave new world. The lists are invariably stretched so far beyond the limits of rationality as to become the worthy targets of ridicule, but there are serious consequences of all this hype over global warming which have caused me to assemble my own “global warming, what can’t it do” list. See if you don’t agree:
- Global warming, as a cause, has created a large new genre for funding bias; there is big pot of new, mostly phony, money for those who wish to pursue it.
- Global warming money has funded 1,000s and 1,000s of new slanted climate reports; slanted toward more government for the benefit of those who will run it.
- Global warming has funded 10s of 1,000s of environmental lawsuits in US; making it rain like never before for the trial lawyer class Shakespeare warned about.
- Global warming has helped create enough environmental lawsuits to strain the entire US legal system; not to mention killing most new infrastructure and development with delay.
- Global warming has become the excuse for enriching Big Green environmental groups; groups typically focused protecting the special interests of the ruling class.
- Global warming has allowed climate activists to become scofflaws and lawbreakers with impunity; they are breaking law with no jail time or other significant consequences.
- Global warming has allowed climate activists to ludicrously employ “necessary defense” tactics to justify their actions; God made them do it, in other words.
- Global warming has become the justification for absurd EPA rules, federalizing all energy and water regulation; states are now no more than designated Federales and enforcers.
- Global warming motivates and morally empowers many, many groups of activists throughout the world; it has become a substitute religion for the above-it-all agnostic.
- Global warming is justifying carbon emission and trading schemes that are largely scams; the rich and powerful want more and this is just the ticket to get there.
- Global warming will doom the poorest 1/3 of the world to the grinding poverty and brutishly short lives they are enduring right now; the poor will stay poor under the great reset.
- Global warming is intended, and may allow, a small group of zealots for power and money to overthrow democracies without a shot being fired; using green zealots as the tips of their spears.
This is what COP 26 is all about. It’s the world’s biggest ever con. Whatever data may exist to support the idea behind it, global warming is simply the new face of an age-old attempt to substitute the rule of Plato’s Guardians for the voice of the people.
This post appeared first on Natural Gas Now.