shale gas news
External Affairs Coordinator, Coterra Energy
Host, Shale Gas News
The Shale Gas News, heard every Saturday at 10 AM on 94.3 FM, 1510 AM, 1600 AM, 104.1 FM and Sundays on YesFM, talked about EQT, natural gas prices, Ethane Cracker and much more last week.
The Shale Gas News has grown again to the Williamsport area on stations WEJS 1600 AM & 104.1 FM. The Shale Gas News is now broadcasting in Bradford, Lackawanna, Lancaster, Lebanon, Luzerne, Lycoming, Pike, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga and Wayne Counties, as well as in greater central PA and now the Williamsport area. The Shale Gas News is aired on Saturday or Sunday depending on the station.
Every Saturday Rusty Fender, Matt Henderson and I host a morning radio show to discuss all things shale gas. This week, as guests, we had Mike Sommers, President and CEO of the American Petroleum Institute (API) and Tom Evans, student of Lackawanna College School Of Petroleum And Natural Gas.
The Shale Gas News, typically, is broadcast live. On the January 1st show (click above), we covered the following new natural gas territory (see news excerpts below):
- Cash NatGas Price Goes Crazy in Oklahoma – Over $600/MMBtu! Supply and demand, that’s what it’s all about in a pure commodity market like natural gas. Supply and demand just about came off the rails last Friday in Oklahoma as the price of natural gas selling along Oneok Gas Transmission’s (OGT) 23 interstate and 20 intrastate pipeline connections entered the stratosphere. At one point the cash price for natgas in OK was fetching $600/MMBtu! No, this is not a joke. That’s the highest price paid for natgas…ever.
- EQT Officially Responds to Sen. Warren re Corp. Greed & LNG Exports. U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren, AKA Pocahontas (because she lied about her ethnicity when applying to teach at Harvard Law School, falsely claiming to be Native American) blamed “corporate greed” and LNG exports for the high price of natural gas in Massachusetts and other New England states in a letter sent to 11 big natural gas producers. EQT, one of the recipients of Ms. Warren’s nastygram, initially responded by going on the record with the Pittsburgh Business Times. EQT has just issued a press release and a letter of its own back to Warren–and it’s devastating (for Warren).
- Energy Transfer’s Warren: Calls for the End of Fossil Fuels “Insanity” – During a question-and-answer session at a Texas Oil & Gas Association conference in Dallas, TX, Kelcy Warren, founder and executive chairman of pipeline giant Energy Transfer, said that oil and natural gas are not going away any time soon–if ever. Commenting on an editorial from the lefties at the Dallas Morning News who claim so-called net-zero carbon policies would ultimately mean oil is no longer needed, Warren said, “It is insanity for them to even say such things.” Finally! A major oil and gas figure of a publicly-owned company who is unafraid to stand up and say irrational anti-fossil fuelers are truly insane.
- Expert Says PTT Ethane Cracker in Belmont, OH Will Get Built. We’ve written many articles about the potential PTT cracker plant since April 2015 when PTT, a huge petrochemical company based in Thailand, first announced they would consider building an ethane cracker plant in Ohio (see It’s Official: Belmont County Chosen as POSSIBLE Cracker Plant Site). PTT has teased a “final investment decision” (FID) to move forward and begin construction so many times over the years since then, we’ve lost count and we’ve become a bit jaded about the prospects for the project. However, someone we highly admire and respect, someone who really would know whether or not it will get built, now says he is “highly confident one way or another…it’s going to happen.”
- Belmont County, OH Landowner Wins $40M Trespass Case Against EQT. A relatively short jury trial last week in a Belmont County, OH court resulted in a quick, three-and-a-half-hour decision in favor of a landowner against Rice Drilling (now EQT) and Gulfport Energy in a trespass case. The jury awarded the landowner, Tera LLC (owned by Thomas Shaw), a $40 million judgment. It’s believed to be the single largest jury award in Belmont County history.
The Shale Gas News sponsored by Linde Corporation
Follow Us on MeWe and Join Our
Natural Gas for the Future Group
Also, please help us get the word out by
taking time to “Like” and “Share” below
and also share on other social media.
It’s so important!
This post appeared first on Natural Gas Now.