The coming of summer means warmer weather and some relief from the cold of winter. Many do not realize that with the rise in temperatures is the rise in vapors that are liberated from tanks sitting out in the hot sun all day. Injuries and deaths linked to tank vapors related to gauging have been in the news lately.
It is a topic that is relevant to all who are associated with completion and production operations. We were lucky enough to attract two top experts on the cutting edge of this issue to speak at Shale Directories “Get Ready for Summer Safety Seminar. John Snawder of NIOSH has published a number of papers relating to tank vapors in the summer time. NIOSH is actively studying the issue in the Utica and has already formed some partnerships to collect more data. He will be talking about events that have occurred, data that has been collected and the ongoing efforts to continue to study the problem and come up with solutions.
John Puskar, a licensed engineer and 30 year flammable gas hazards expert has published a book and many papers on the topic of minimizing flash fire and explosion risks. Mr. Puskar will present with Mr. Snawder about some practical steps you can take to minimize flash fire and explosion risks related to this problem. This is a very important topic that you should be aware of and out in front of. You should not be trying to address this only after an incident.
In addition to learning about tanks explosions, you get the latest safety information on the following topics:
- FR clothing protection for flash fires from Derek Sang, Bulwark
- Foot protection from Joe Mastin and Gary Porter, Timberland PRO
- Hand protection from Josh Nagelkerke, HexArmor
- Rehydration product from Sqwincher from Aaron Harper, Market Force,
- Gas leak protection from Rob Ablinger, Stratus Products Worldwide
Along with learning about safety, you could win
- FR clothing
- Timberland PRO boots (10 pair to be given away)
- HexArmor gloves (5 pairs)
- Shale Directories camo hats
Register Now!! http://bit.ly/1BEDfRr