The Ohio Department of Natural Resources issued its quarterly report on gas production showing the most productive wells since it began reporting on these Utica Wells.
It’s becoming apparent the drilling activity will continue to move south. Belmont and Monroe counties are now the hot spots for drilling activity. While everyone is aware of Belmont County’s activity, I do not think too many people are aware of the success that Antero and Eclipse Resources have had in Monroe County.
Ascent Resources has the #2 well in Ohio. Most the acreage that Ascent Resources had in the Utica is the result of deals that Aubrey McClendon did as he started American Energy Partners which evolved into Ascent Resources. Aubrey certainly knew how to purchase good acreage. I think Ascent Resources with funding could probably become a major producer in the Utica.
Here are the top gas wells from each driller, ranked in descending order. Please note that a number of these E&P Companies are no longer drilling in Ohio.
- Rice Energy, Belmont County, Mohawk Warrior 12H, 1.63 billion cubic feet
- Ascent Resources, Belmont County, Smith A 1H-12, 1.35 billion cubic feet
- Antero Resources, Monroe County, Delong Unit 4H 1.3 billion cubic feet
- Eclipse Resources, Monroe County, Fuchs A 4H, 1.1 billion cubic feet
- Gulfport Energy, Belmont County, Lorna 2A, 1.08 billion cubic feet
- Consol Energy, Monroe County, Brewster SWITZ6HHSU, 1.03 billion cubic feet
- Chesapeake Energy, Jefferson County, Keystone Trust 34-10-3 10H, 935.4 million cubic feet
- Exxon Mobil, Belmont County, Kemper A Unit 1H, 882.4 million cubic feet
- EdgeMarc Energy, Monroe County, Moonraker 2-PPH, 822.7 million cubic feet
- Hess Ohio, Harrison County, Cadiz D 4H-8 811.2 million cubic feet
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corp., Monroe County, Stalder Unit A 3UH, 661.2 million cubic feet
- Hilcorp Energy, Columbiana County, Fairfield-Nolker 7H, 503.9 million cubic feet
- Atlas Noble, Columbiana County, Firestone Homestead Pad A 3H, 360 million cubic feet
- Protégé Energy III, Washington County, Caywood A 1H, 276.8 million cubic feet
- Rex Energy, Guernsey County, J Hall Unit 2H, 219.4 million cubic feet
- Carrizo Oil, Guernsey County, Wagler 2H, 142.2 million cubic feet
- Chevron, Harrison County, E Clark South 7-25HD, 99.2 million cubic feet
- PDC Energy, Washington County, Garvin 3H, 79.4 million cubic feet
- Statoil USA, Monroe County, Dangel 5-H, 64 million cubic feet
- Halcon Operating, Trumbull County, Kibler 2-3H, 46 million cubic feet
- Artex Oil Co., Noble County, Frec Nobl Olive A-1H, 42.3 million cubic feet
- EnerVest Operating, Carroll County, Cairns 5H, 16.7 million cubic feet
- NGO Development, Coshocton County, Cosh Mill Creek A-1H, 14 million