- In the eastern end of Lawrence County, Joe Minnitte, case manager for Shell Exploration and Production Co., said the company is gearing up for more drilling next year.
- Right now, the company is drilling its last two wells of 2012 in this area — one is the Williams Well in Slippery Rock Township in Butler County, and one is the Thomas Kephart well in North Beaver Township. Those are still part of Shell’s exploration phase, Minnitte said.
- Shell has built four well pads in Lawrence County. In addition to the Kephart, there is the Patterson well in Little Beaver Township, the Twentier property in Perry Township and the Mayberry property in Scott Township.
- Minnitte said Shell is not yet installing any gas transmission pipeline but he knows that other companies are.
- Shell’s plans for 2013 so far include about eight to 10 wells on a site called the Halterline site in Slippery Rock Township, Butler County, Minnitte said. He added no plans are on the schedule yet for drilling next year in Lawrence County.
Joseph F. Barone